The scheme is, in very basic terms, evidence of a commitment or charter by Parish Councils to make information available to the public as part of its normal activities. Although the Parish Council has adopted the Model Scheme it its entirety it has committed to providing only that information which it actually holds.
The scheme commits a Parish Council:
- To pro-actively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine information, including environmental information, which is held by the Council and falls within the classes set out in the scheme.
- To specify the information which is held by the Council and falls within the classes.
- To pro-actively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine information in line with the statements contained within the scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the Council makes available under the scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make the publication scheme available to the public.
To comply with the above requirements Tasburgh Parish Council have produced a guide to information available which can be viewed by clicking on the link below.